Elixir/OTP Bootcampwith Claudio Ortolina
Nov. 20-24th 2017
Elixir is THE language to keep an eye on!
Learn with GOTO Academy how to use Elixir at its best.
5 Day Course
Students will start by learning the basics of the Elixir language. Following that, the course turns to concurrency and students will learn the details of writing parallel and concurrent Elixir applications and the underlying concurrency capabilities provided by BEAM (the Erlang virtual machine).
The course shows the right way to write concurrent applications that will scale by using OTP Behaviours. At the completion of the courses, students will know how to build, test, and deploy a concurrent, distributed backend service applications.
The course contains the following topics:
- Background Erlang/Elixir
- Elixir Shell
- Sequential Elixir
- Concurrent Elixir
- Using Mix
- Process Error Handling
- System Introspection
- Funs and High-Order Functions
- Data Structures (Maps, Structs, Binaries, Protocols)
- List Comprehensions
- Language features and Macros
- Erlang Term Storage
- Distributed Programming
- Code updating
- OTP and Behaviours
- Generic Servers
- Finite State Machines
- Tasks and Agents
- Basic/Sequential/Concurrent Elixir
- Parallel programming
- Introduction to OTP (GenServers and Supervisors)
- Building, Documenting and Testing systems using Mix
TRAINER: CLAUDIO ORTOLINA
Claudio is a software engineer and Head of Elixir at Erlang Solutions Ltd, where he works as a consultant and trainer.
Software Developers and Engineers without prior experience in Elixir/Erlang/LFE with a focus on backend services
- Good programming skills in another language such as Java, Perl, Python, node.js, or Ruby
- Familiarity with server-side software development helpful
Date: 20-24th November, 2017
Duration: 4 days. All days 9:00 to 17:00
Price: 2850 GBP incl. VAT incl. course materials and meals
Discounts: We do not combine discounts. This means that the biggest discount that applies to you will count.
Registration: Please either "Add to Cart" here on the website or write an email to email@example.com. You will receive an invoice and a confirmation after registering.
We do not provide any refunds. What happens in case you cannot attend the course?
1) You are welcome to pass on the place to a colleague or
2) You are welcome to attend a later course in our course calendar.
Further, once a registration has been made and the confirmation email has been sent out, the price is set and can not be changed or adjusted.